The project „Providing availability of resources for wood processing companies in order to increase export through creating a focal point in Prijedor region-REPRO“ is very important both for the preservation of existing jobs, and for the development of export-oriented business entities. First of all, the intention is to achieve this by introducing new technologies through functional clustering, and by fostering cooperation and improving provision of services to Cluster members and other wood processing companies.
The objective of “REPRO” is to strengthen the competitiveness of wood processing sector in the Prijedor area, through innovative approaches and by enhancing business cooperation and networking.
- Setting up a resource and multimedia centre for the presentation of innovative wood products;
- Strengthening technical capacities through trainings, affirmation and networking of SMEs involved in wood processing and furniture production;
- Development and implementation of employee validation concept;
- Establishment of the Rapid Training Centre
- Wood processing companies, DRVO-PD Cluster members, and other wood processing companies/furniture manufacturers;
- SEMs which are closely connected with wood processing sector (suppliers of tools and machines, colour and adhesion manufacturers, transportation companies);
- Local self-government units of the City of Prijedor;
- Institutions for business support.
18 months, from 1 September 2020 until 31 December 2021.
The total value of this project is 374,377.06 BAM, of which the European Union through EU4Business provided grants in the amount of 229,034.08 BAM.
EU4Business is an EU project aiming to strengthen BaH economy, encourage the development of entrepreneurship, export-oriented sectors, tourism and agriculture, as well as rural development. The project is worth 16.1m EUROs and is co-funded by the EU (15m EUROs) and the Federal Republic of Germany (1.1m EUROs). The project is being jointly implemented by GIZ, ILO and UNDP, from April 2018 to March 2022. EU4Business is part of the Local Self-Government and Economic Development in BaH Program, supported by the Federal Republic of Germany. For more information on the EU4Business project, please visit: www.eu4business.ba. www.eu4business.ba.